Annual Book Fair
Our annual book fair began today with a mountain of very exciting items for sale in our staffroom.
Each Book Fair is designed to give kids access to more books they want to read, from relevant new-releases to classic award winners. As your children grow, book fairs make it easy to be sure their home libraries grow with them. And since all proceeds benefit our school, parents can rest assured that their kids’ classroom libraries will be growing as well.
Check out the link here to learn more about the importance of reading at home:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfHJ98jVAgM&feature=youtu.beOpen Evening - Storytime and Supper
Next Tuesday evening we are hosting a 'Storytime and supper' event at school, to celebrate Education Week and to also invite potential new families to our school, to see our facilitites and talk to our current staff, students and parents.
It would be wonderful if at least one adult from each of our current families could come along from 6:30 - 8:00pm with your children (dressed in pjs and winter woolies!) to take part in the activities and enjoy the festivities. We will have a special supper for everyone to enjoy.
Some students will also have received invitations to take on a book reading role, or to introduce the readers at the event. We are also hoping that parents may help out with serving supper and talking to potential new families about their experience of our school.
Please RSVP within the event I have placed on COMPASS. We really appreciate your ongoing support.2022 Prep Enrolments
How to enrol your child:
- Fill out the enrolment form, available from our School Office or downloadable from here.
- Provide us with proof of the child’s age (e.g. Birth Certificate/Extract of Entry) - this can be photocopied by our Office Staff.
- A copy of your child’s Immunisation Certificate - we can copy this at the office.
- If your child is not born in Australia and has entered the country on a visa we will need a copy of your passport visa.
Parents select Wantirna Primary School because we;
Premier's Reading Challenge
- faciliate our 'Fly Into Foundation' program which prepares preschoolers for the routines of primary school - beginning Term Three
- provide a friendly and engaging learning environment
- have spacious school grounds modern play equipment
- have caring, dedicated and professional teachers and support staff
- have a tradition based on high standards of academic excellence
- pride ourselves on knowing our students and families by name
In a previous newsletter I shared information regarding the Premier's Reading Challenge. If you missed this the information about the challenge is available here:https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/events/prc/Pages/premiermessage.aspx
Usernames and passwords are now available on COMPASS. You will need these to register your child.
Any difficulties please contact your child’s classroom teacher, who now have coordinator access to be able to assist.